Mold Toxicity: A Common Cause Of Psychiatric Symptoms

Mold Toxicity

Mold disease is a widespread but rarely diagnosed disease that can manifest itself in a variety of ways, including purely psychiatric symptoms such as depression, anxiety, impaired attention, blurred consciousness and insomnia. Only 25% of the population are at risk of being susceptible to mold toxicity, and in most cases, they have a genetic predisposition to inhibit biotoxin clearance. A family can live in the same house, but only one family member will get sick. This is because that person is the only person with genetic vulnerability.

Mold thrives in of water - for example, the basement and bathrooms that are not ventilated. Generally, all molds are irritating to different degrees (eyes, throat, nose) and cause allergic reactions.

Some molds, however, are more harmful than others. For example, mold families like Penicillium or Aspergillus are known to have many of their members generating mycotoxins that may have a greater effect on the health of the occupants. The following can have an impact on the health of the family:

  • Trichoderma harzianum
  • Stachybotrys chartarum
  • Penicillium cyclopium
  • Penicillium citrinum
  • Penicillium chrysogenum
  • Aspergillus versicolor
  • Aspergillus niger
  • Aspergillus fumigatus
  • Aspergillus flavus
  • Alternaria alternata

Cladosporium Cladosporioides is a common mold found in homes. Places such as a dirty ventilation system that have accumulated dust and moisture for many years are also susceptible to mold. Sometimes mold gets into a house with raw wood or building materials.

Toxins accumulate in the body, continuing to be harmful for a long time after contact with mold. The first thing you still need to determine where the mold is and get it out of your way.

Keep in mind that an allergy to mold is not the same as a mold disease. Allergies are caused by mold spores that enter the body when inhaled. Toxic mold emits toxic fumes, which can cause a chronic inflammatory reaction in those who are exposed to them.

Here are the most common symptoms of mold disease:

  • Blurred vision.
  • Confusion.
  • Cough.
  • Diarrhea.
  • Difficulty remembering words.
  • Disorientation.
  • Dizziness.
  • Drops in appetite.
  • Dyspnea.
  • Excessive thirst.
  • Fatigue.
  • Headache.
  • Increased urination.
  • Joint pain.
  • Lacrimation.
  • Lower learning.
  • Memory losses.
  • Metallic aftertaste.
  • Mood swings.
  • Muscle spasms.
  • Numbness.
  • Photosensitivity.
  • Problems with concentration.
  • Redness of the eyes.
  • Runny nose.
  • Skin sensitivity.
  • Static shock.
  • Stiff muscles.
  • Stitching pains.
  • Stomach ache.
  • Sweating (especially at night).
  • Temperature changes.
  • Discomfort.
  • Tingling.
  • Tremor.
  • Unusual pains.
  • Weakness.

Fortunately, mold disease is treatable. Treatment can take a long time because it requires thoroughness. It is recommended to take coal and clay, which remove mycotoxins from the body as well as probiotics.

You Might Also Like This

 
You can also share this page directly via email and other methods with the following url: